Best suited to singles, couples or small groups, the core attention of this retreat is on gentle walking to uplift and enhance your sense of wellbeing.
Take a well-deserved week out from your busy, everyday life to spend a week of walking for wellbeing, gradually unwinding on a digital detox, strolling gently over meandering footpaths across the unspoilt Razès countryside.
Next retreat date: 23rd-30th October 2019. Check our Event Calendar.
In addition to the gentle walking across some stunning and diverse landscape, you may also opt to do some walking meditation, discovering how to bring mindfulness into your every step. Walking meditation offers a means of introducing mindfulness into our movements, ideally through a natural landscape, appreciating the sacred beauty that surrounds us while feeding our souls.
You also have the opportunity to learn more about and gain a better appreciation of nature's hidden messages through a series of walks designed to reveal the unspoken signs that the living landscape is wanting to communicate to you.
And if you simply want to walk, then walk you shall.
The Razès boasts a beautiful, rolling landscape decorated with hills and dales, valleys and peaks, rivers and streams. There are vineyards, woods and old villages dotted throughout. Depending on the time of year, walkers typically pass vineyards and fields of sunflower, poppies and barley, and rocky scrub outcrops, farms, hamlets and villages. The area is renowned for its birds of prey and abundance of wild orchids. Wild fruit and herbs are thriving everywhere in this climate.
8 Days of Walking includes:
- airport transfers to and from Carcassonne or Toulouse airports;
- a welcome Blanquette aperitif and briefing upon your arrival;
- a wine-tasting event at the celebrated local winery;
- guided short walks around the Razès and longer walks in the Pays Cathare;
- your own copy of your guide's book one woman walking;
- two evenings out at local restaurants in the medieval towns of Mirepoix and Fanjeaux;
- two guided walks around the castles and visits to the medieval towns of Carcassonne and Montségur;
- optional walking meditations and symbology of nature walks.
Retreat Prices (per person):
- Cost of your flights to and from Carcassonne or Toulouse airport;
- Holiday insurance;
- Personal consumptions/purchases made on days out other than those listed above.
Contact Us to get your 8 Days of Walking for Wellbeing Itinerary.
Ready to book your retreat?
Simply choose your catering and transport options and click on the PayPal button below. A 30% deposit is required at the time of booking; the balance 70% is due 8 weeks prior to your arrival. Deposits are refundable up to 8 weeks prior to the retreat start date.