For singles, couples or small groups, the core attention of this retreat is on gentle walking to uplift and enhance your personal sense of wellbeing.
Take a well-deserved break from your everyday, busy life to come on a week-long digital detox of walking for wellbeing, gradually unwinding as you stroll gently over meandering footpaths through the unspoilt Razès countryside.
This retreat will gently steer you away from your stressful busy into the relaxing heart of the Razès countryside, feeding your senses on the abundance of sunflowers and vineyards, birds of prey and wild orchids, rolling hills and valleys.
In addition to the gentle walking across stunning and diverse landscape rich in indigenous flora and fauna, you may also want to try some walking meditation, discovering how to bring mindfulness into your every step. Walking meditation offers a means of introducing mindfulness into your movements so you better appreciate the sacred beauty that surrounds you, feeding your soul as you walk.
You also have the opportunity to learn more about nature's hidden messages through a series of walks designed to reveal the unspoken signs that the living landscape is always trying to communicate to you.
If you simply want to walk, then walk you shall.
A Week of Walking for Wellbeing includes:
- airport transfers to and from Carcassonne or Toulouse airports;
- a welcome Blanquette aperitif and briefing upon your arrival;
- a wine-tasting event at the celebrated local winery;
- guided short walks around the Razès and longer walks in the Pays Cathare;
- your own copy of your guide's book one woman walking;
- two evenings out at local restaurants in the medieval towns of Mirepoix and Fanjeaux;
- two guided walks around the castles and visits to the medieval towns of Carcassonne and Montségur;
- optional walking meditations and symbology of nature walks.
The Razès boasts a beautiful, rolling landscape decorated with hills and dales, valleys and peaks, rivers and streams. There are vineyards, woods and old villages dotted throughout. Depending on the time of year, walkers typically pass vineyards and fields of sunflower, poppies and barley, and rocky scrub outcrops, farms, hamlets and villages. The area is renowned for its birds of prey and abundance of wild orchids. Wild fruit and herbs are thriving everywhere in this climate.
Get in Touch to have a chat about the retreat and get your itinerary.
Retreat Prices (per person):
Come alone, as a couple or with friends throughout the year.
- Cost of your flights to and from Carcassonne or Toulouse airport;
- Holiday insurance;
- Personal consumptions/purchases made on days out other than those listed above.
If you've had a chat and are ready to book...
Simply choose your catering and transport options and click on the PayPal button below. A 30% deposit is required at the time of booking; the balance 70% is due 8 weeks prior to your arrival. Deposits are refundable up to 8 weeks prior to the retreat start date.