Following the popularity of the Plight of the Cathars retreat, this week offers a variation of the same theme taking you on a tour of yet more of the Cathar castles, medieval towns, villages and local markets. As activity-packed as the original and with equally break-taking scenery and places of interest, this retreat promises to deliver yet more insight into the plight of the Cathar people and their beautiful homelands, the Pays Cathare.
Next retreat date: 13th-20th November 2019. Check our Event Calendar.
The Follow-Up Week of Cathar Castles includes:
- airport transfers to and from Carcassonne or Toulouse airports;
- a welcome Blanquette aperitif and briefing upon your arrival;
- a wine-tasting event at the celebrated local winery;
- two evenings out at local restaurants in the medieval towns of Mirepoix and Limoux;
- historical briefings on the Cathar people, ther castles, cities and sights;
- walks to, around and entrance into four Cathar castles including the largest in Europe;
- visits to the medieval towns and marketplaces of: Lastours, Foix, Saissac, Roquefixade, Quéribus, and Cucugnan.
Due to the nature of this retreat with its many days out, only self-catering, bed & breakfast and half-board options are proposed. This gives you the flexibility of taking advantage of the cheap lunch-time menus or formules (3-course meal typically costing €14) available from local restaurants if you want. Alternatively, we can provide a picnic lunch for €8 per person.
Retreat Prices (per person):
- Cost of your flights to and from Carcassonne or Toulouse airport;
- Lunches (picnics may be purchased);
- Holiday insurance;
- Personal consumptions/purchases made on days out other than those listed above.
Contact Us to get your Follow-Up Week of Cathar Castles Itinerary.
Ready to book your retreat?
Simply choose your catering and transport options and click on the PayPal button below. A 30% deposit is required at the time of booking; the balance 70% is due 6 weeks prior to your arrival. Deposits are refundable up to 8 weeks prior to the retreat start date.