Are you searching for something more meaningful in your life? Do you feel something gnawing at you, something from deep within the pit of your stomach pulling so strongly that you know you won’t be able to rest again until you find some meaningful answers? If so, then you have heard the inner call to search, the Call of the Soul.
The Call of the Soul is about re-connecting with your inner world while exploring the world outside to find lasting, meaningful peace.
As you walk the pilgrim's path, you learn how to shed a life-time of fears, foibles and fallacies, unearth your personal truths and shake off the dross of the material world.
If discovering more about your soul appeals, then you are more than ready for a pilgrimage.
When you hear the Call of the Soul there comes a point where it’s inevitable that you have to summon up all the courage you can muster, take the plunge and commit to embarking on a pilgrimage, a vision quest, a walking meditation, to find answers to questions you can no longer leave ignored. It’s time to break through your comfort zone and move on to the next level of being.
The proposal is for a 5 day (4 night) walking pilgrimage following part of the celebrated Sentier Cathare from Foix to Montségur through the Pays Cathare region.
A pilgrimage is about following an outer footpath in order to journey within, navigating a trail with the aim of finding the real you – your genuine essence and guiding light. When we commit to a pilgrimage, it’s as if we enter a contract with ourselves to walk along healing and transformative pathways for ourselves, the earth, and all living beings.
Get in Touch to have a chat about the retreat and get your itinerary.
Walking in beauty - and recognising it in all things - is powerfully humbling, transformative and healing. So where better to undertake such a sacred journey than on hallowed lands where the beauty of the past and the present escort you every bit of the way on your personal journey of self-discovery?
On your pilgrimage you will:
- walk in the footsteps of the legendary giants that were the Cathare people, learning of their acclaim and history;
- retrace some of France's most revered pathways through ancient forests, over open prairie and scrublands, down unspoilt valleys and ravines;
- enjoy a diverse and breathtaking landscape rich in indigenous flora and fauna where wild orchids and birds of prey abound;
- visit the ruins of three of the most acclaimed Cathare castles where you can pay respects to the lost plight of the humble Cathare people;
- experience time for silent reflection, walking meditation and non-judgemental conversation all supported within the beauty of the natural landscape surrounding you;
- through both guided and silent meditation practice learn to hear and heed the voice of your own inner spirit seeking enlightened expansion;
- make and embrace personal emotional, physical and spiritual discoveries;
- enhance your ability to achieve inner peace and happiness.
Come alone, as a couple or with friends throughout the year.
- All evening meals (including wine), packed lunches while out walking and/or in-house lunches and breakfasts at the Razès Gîtes.
- Cost of entry into each Cathare castle.
- Accommodation at the Razès Gîtes and gîtes d’étape.
- Pick-up and drop-offs to the airport.
- Guided meditation instruction.
- Once you have booked and paid your deposit, a full schedule will be sent to you detailing recommended kit contents and backpack depending on your particular size and weight.
- Daily walking distances will not exceed 18km (11.5 miles). There will be time to stop and rest regularly and mindfully throughout the walking day. There are hills involved and thus a basic fitness is required. Training can be advised.
- Groups are kept small in order to keep the energies alive and intensely meaningful. A maximum of 8 people will be on a walking pilgrimage.
- Gîte d’étape accommodation is dormitory style.
- Should you require an extra night or two half board (up front or at the end of the retreat to coincide with your flight times), a pro rata full-board rate of €70 per night applies.
- Flight costs to and from Carcassonne or Toulouse airport.
- Travel insurance.
- All personal expenditures made at each castle/town visited.
If you've had a chat with us and are ready to book your walking pilgrimage...
Decide how many additional nights you may need if any and add €70 per day to the retreat price. Click on the PayPal button below. A 30% deposit is required at the time of booking; the balance 70% is due 8 weeks prior to your arrival. Deposits are refundable up to 8 weeks prior to the retreat start date.