Writing is about expressing yourself and gaining fulfillment from the feelings, thoughts and ideas that you convey. You are unique and no one else sees and thinks as you do and no one else can write your story, book or poem. Your experience, your scenarios and your plots and subplots are your own.
We help you to discover through practice, exercises and discussion that self-expression is both liberating and empowering and leads to self-fulfillment.
Rather than muse on whether you are good enough or whether your writing needs endless correction, come learn from games and workshops, challenges and feedback, exercises and companionship how to drop the mask of daily routine and bring your characters, settings and stories to life in your unique way.
Taking that step to letting the imagination flow is a big step and it can also be very simple. Getting it right can come later. Self-expression is pricelessly cathartic and fun which inevitably brings you inner peace and wellbeing. The sky is the limit when you learn to unleash that creative talent latent within you.
The essential difference between the long and short creative writing courses is in having more time to devote to the specifics of each element of the course. An extra day can go a long way to putting more flesh to the bones.
A Long (7 nights) or Short Course (5 nights) in Creative Writing includes:
- airport transfers to and from Carcassonne or Toulouse airports;
- a welcome Blanquette aperitif and briefing upon your arrival;
- a wine-tasting event at the celebrated local winery;
- one/two evenings out at a local restaurant in the medieval towns of Mirepoix and/ or Fanjeaux (1 on the short course, 2 on the week-long course);
- a guided walk around the castle and medieval town of Carcassonne;
- two of your own copies of your guide's books;
- games, challenges, discussion and writing around sessions on:
- how and where to find inspiration and flow;
- establishing your main characters, themes and style;
- defining your target readers and using the 7S framework;
- knowing good and bad writing practice;
- writing from the heart - finding your authentic voice;
- how to prepare your written work for publication;
- how to self-publish your work;
- becoming that one in a million published author.
Get in Touch to have a chat about the retreat and get your itinerary.
Retreat Prices (per person):
Come alone, as a couple or with friends throughout the year.
- Cost of your flights to and from Carcassonne or Toulouse airport;
- Holiday insurance;
- Personal consumptions/purchases made on days out other than those listed above.
If you've had a chat and are ready to book...
Simply choose your catering and transport options and click on the PayPal button below. A 30% deposit is required at the time of booking; the balance 70% is due 8 weeks prior to your arrival. Deposits are refundable up to 8 weeks prior to the retreat start date.